Showcasing the creative excellence of our members
Volume 64 Number 1 of The Poets’ Touchstone (Summer 2022 issue) is in the mail! If you are a PSNH member or contributor living in the U.S., you should receive your copy by the end of August. If you do not receive it by mid September, please let us know at via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are now accepting poetry submissions for Volume 64, Number 2! Deadline is Sept. 15.
Is Your Membership Current?
For most submission calls, writers must be current members of the Poetry Society of New Hampshire to submit work to The Poets’ Touchstone for free. Not a member yet? Click below to join today!
Not sure if your membership renewal is up to date? Don’t let a lapsed membership keep you from submitting your work to The Poets’ Touchstone. Login now to check your membership status
We are open to a wide range of forms and styles—please just send us your best! We aim to respond to all submissions in less than 2 months, but decisions may take longer. Entries that do not meet the guidelines will not be considered.
- Please do not submit pieces that any editors may have previously seen in a private online group or given feedback on in a workshop or other situation
- Please do not submit pieces that must be accepted as a set, as we cannot guarantee publication of all or any pieces
- No simultaneous submissions or previously published work
- Work will be considered for the current submission period only
- PSNH membership must be current through the submission deadline for members-only calls
- Submission must include the writer’s biography (50-word limit, written in third person)
- Uploads must not contain the poet’s name(s) or other identifying information
- File names for uploads should include the title of the poem or piece of artwork, or a partial title, and nothing else
- Submissions must be received by the deadline date to be considered
- Up to 3 poems may be submitted per submission period unless otherwise noted
- Length limited to 40 lines (does not include white spaces, and longer poems may be considered at Editor’s discretion)
- Poems must be typed in Times New Roman or similar, 12 pt. font
- Up to 2 images per submission period unless otherwise noted
- Only original work is accepted
- Images must be submitted at 300 DPI or higher (high resolution)
- Submitted files should be between 1 and 20 MB in size
- Images must fit or be able to be cropped to 5.5″x8.5″ for portrait orientation or 11″x8.5″ for landscape orientation
2022 Journal Staff
Caitlin M.S. Buxbaum
Amber Rose Crowtree
Brian Evans-Jones lives in Sharon, NH, where he enjoys hiking and teaching poetry. He was Poet Laureate of the original Hampshire, in England, before moving to the US in 2014. He publishes free resources on poetry and creativity at The Poetry Place.
Hannah Rubin is in eleventh grade at Phillips Exeter Academy. She loves writing personal essays and poetry. Outside of writing, Hannah enjoys playing piano, cooking, and listening to music.
Have questions about submitting your work to The Poets’ Touchstone? Email her at email@example.com!