The Poet’s Touchstone
a journal of art & poetry
Volume 64, Issue Number 2 of the Touchstone has been mailed to members and recordings of the contributor readings have been posted to the Members Only page. You can also purchase a copy of the issue directly from Amazon here.
Poetry submissions for Volume 65, Number 1 are CLOSED. Art submissions are OPEN. Click the button below to submit!
Is Your Membership Current?
For most submission calls, writers must be current members of the Poetry Society of New Hampshire to submit work to The Poet’s Touchstone for free. Not a member yet? Click below to join today!
Not sure if your membership renewal is up to date? Don’t let a lapsed membership keep you from submitting your work to The Poet’s Touchstone. Login now to check your membership status
We are open to a wide range of forms and styles—please just send us your best! We aim to respond to all submissions in less than 2 months, but decisions may take longer. Entries that do not meet the guidelines will not be considered.
- Please do not submit pieces that any editors may have previously seen in a private online group or given feedback on in a workshop or other situation
- Please do not submit pieces that must be accepted as a set, as we cannot guarantee publication of all or any pieces
- No simultaneous submissions or previously published work
- Work will be considered for the current submission period only
- PSNH membership must be current through the submission deadline for members-only calls
- Submission must include the writer’s biography (50-word limit, written in third person)
- Uploads must not contain the poet’s name(s) or other identifying information
- File names for uploads should include the title of the poem or piece of artwork, or a partial title, and nothing else
- Submissions must be received by the deadline date to be considered
- Up to 3 poems may be submitted per submission period unless otherwise noted
- Length limited to 40 lines (does not include white spaces, and longer poems may be considered at Editor’s discretion)
- Poems must be typed in Times New Roman or similar, 12 pt. font
- Up to 2 images per submission period unless otherwise noted
- Only original work is accepted
- Images must be submitted at 300 DPI or higher (high resolution)
- Submitted files should be between 1 and 20 MB in size
- Images must fit or be able to be cropped to 5.5″x8.5″ for portrait orientation or 11″x8.5″ for landscape orientation
2023 Journal Staff
Mike Nelson is the host of Beat Night at Book & Bar and Chair of the Portsmouth Poet Laureate Program. He was poet laureate of Portsmouth from 2017 to 2019. Mike is the founder of Hive Poetry Project and Bee Monk Press and is also on the board of the Poetry Society of New Hampshire. Nelson is a member of the PSNH Board of Directors.
Shoshana Coté has written essays, poetry and a book of translations and discussion questions, Weavings of Departure: Rediscovering the Poetry of Nobel Laureate Nelly Sachs. She enjoys music, art, and the seasons of New England.
Brian Evans-Jones lives in Sharon, NH, where he enjoys hiking and teaching poetry. He was Poet Laureate of the original Hampshire, in England, before moving to the US in 2014. He publishes free resources on poetry and creativity at The Poetry Place.
Caitlin M.S. Buxbaum
Caitlin M.S. Buxbaum is a writer and teacher from Wasilla, Alaska. In addition to PSNH Publications Chair and former Editor-in-Chief of The Poets’ Touchstone, she serves as President of Alaska Writers Guild and Owner of Red Sweater Press. Learn more at caitbuxbaum.com.
Have questions about submitting your work to The Poet’s Touchstone? Email her at email@example.com!